The entrepreneurial path begins with a genesis of an idea. A mysterious unicorn lurking full of adventures, the ebbs and flows test anyone to their limit. It brings into question the sanity of anyone brave enough to embark on such a path, many have attempted few will succeed. Luckily there is help to better the odds, and one would be wise to utilize as many resources as possible.
An academic institution can serve as the proving grounds to test entrepreneurial theory and put into action both in personal and professional development. According to Bloomberg Businessweek global rankings the top 10 Entrepreneurial programs in the country are:
- Stanford University – The premier entrepreneurial experience rich and diverse, with deep ties to Silicon Valley and regions around the world.
- Utah (Eccles) – Globally recognized for enabling students to experience entrepreneurship in both theory and practice.
- Babson (Olin) – Focuses on the creation of social and economic value by developing core capabilities of idea generation, opportunity recognition, resource acquisition, and entrepreneurial management.
- UC Berkeley Haas – Integrates entrepreneurial thinking into the student experience by launching new ventures.
- MIT Sloan – The program is about invention. It’s about ideas made to matter. Here, they discover solutions to tomorrow’s interesting and important challenges.
- Carnegie Mellon – Turns researchers, hackers, hustlers, and designers into successful entrepreneurs.
- USC – Sets a vision where others see risk, they see opportunity. Forget status quo. They thrive on change and imagine new possibilities, solutions, products, and the next big idea.
- UT at Dallas (Jindal) – Utilizes world-class academic education, industry-leading experiential training, and venture mentorship to support the launch of new businesses.
- Willamette (Atkinson) – An opportunity to plan an entrepreneurial venture and actively participate in the process of angel investing.
- Colorado at Boulder (Leeds)– Provides opportunities for students, faculty, staff, industry partners, and the community to engage in innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset.
This list can help narrow down a decision when reviewing possible programs to embark on the entrepreneurial journey.