As anticipated, the Republican National Convention was set to be an interesting event to say the least. But even on day one the RNC has proved to be a wild one with boycotts, chaos, alienation of many voters, and way too many reality television stars.
- Lack of Support from many of the Republican current and past leaders who did not attend the event, including former Presidents George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and former presidential candidates Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, Paul Rand of Kentucky, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, and Mitt Romney. 18 current senators in all are skipping the event, for some of the hilarious reasons why these senators are skipping the convention check out Fox News.
- Mass chaos broke out on the floor when delegates who were supposed to be voting against Donald Trump’s nomination backed out at the last minute.
- Reality TV Stars were the next best thing for speakers since there were so many who refused to speak on behalf of Trump. This result was 1994’s MTV reality television series The Real World: San Francisco couple Rachel Campos-Duffy and Sean Duffy (House of Representatives from Wisconsin), along with Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty spoke on behalf of Trump.
- Sexist comments alienating women came from Senate candidate Darryl Glenn mentioning Hillary Clinton’s pant suits once again- why doesn’t anyone ever mention the men’s pant suits that they wear everyday?
- A ‘shameful, hellish’ benediction is what many on social media are calling pastor Mark Burns’ speech as he stated, “And Republicans, we got to be united, because our enemy is not other Republicans- but is Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party.” Lets ask ourselves how that is going to unite the country and ‘Make America Great Again’?
With three more days to go for the RNC, it’s sure to continue to be eventful with Donald Trump, Mike Pence, and many more still left to speak!
More shenanigans continue at the RNC: